If you want to keep up with your competitors and find digital marketing success, you need to make it a priority to master using social media platforms like Facebook.
It is no longer good enough for you to simply use Facebook to advertise your business. You need to develop a winning Facebook marketing strategy that can help you capitalize on the millions of Facebook users who visit the platform each and every day.
Roughly ⅔ of Facebook users visit a business Facebook page at least once a week. Give them a reason to choose your page over your competitors.
Here are five tips that can help you step up your Facebook marketing strategy:
1. Vary your posts
There’s no rule saying that you can’t just use text posts when your business posts on Facebook. In fact, sharing compelling text posts with relevant and engaging content can help you connect with your target audience.
However, if you are only posting this type of content, chances are your engagement will be pretty low.
When you don’t switch up the type of content you post, your audience will grow bored quickly. Plus, it will cause you to miss out on posting other types of content that will lead to higher levels of engagement. Both photo and video content, for example, outperform text content when it comes to engagement and clicks
Make sure to create a social media content calendar so that you can make sure you are switching between text posts, photo posts, video content, link posts, and types of content.
2. Set clear goals
You won’t know if your Facebook marketing strategy is successful if you don’t have a goal by which to measure success.
Without a clear goal, you also won’t know which metrics you want to measure and what specific changes you need to make to keep your digital marketing strategy on track.
For instance, you might think your strategy is working well because you are getting hundreds of likes on your posts. However, if you realize that your goal is to improve your conversion rate and the people liking your posts aren’t converting, then your strategy needs some adjustment.
Take some time to think of the specific goals you want to achieve and use these goals to shape your strategy.
3. Use Facebook Groups
Facebook Groups are a valuable resource that many businesses underutilize or neglect to use altogether.
Although Facebook business pages are important, your brand stands to gain a lot from branching out and incorporating Facebook Groups into its Facebook marketing strategy.
There are many benefits to using Facebook Groups in addition to your brand’s Facebook page:
- Groups expand your reach: Facebook Groups are prioritized in the Facebook algorithm, meaning your posts will reach more people
- Groups increase brand loyalty: You can treat the members of your Facebook Group like VIPs by offering them exclusive content and perks. This will help them feel valued and encourage them to trust and connect with your brand.
- Groups improve your marketing ability: The people who join your Facebook Group are already interested in either your brand, your products, or both. This allows you to promote your products and services freely without worrying about turning away uninterested users.
If you aren’t already using Facebook Groups, incorporate them into your Facebook marketing strategy today.
4. Optimize your video content
Video content is one of the most engaging and effective types of content that you can share on Facebook.
However, if you aren’t optimizing your videos for this platform, you will miss out on the full potential of your video content.
Here are a few tips for posting video content on Facebook:
- Use vertical videos– most users watch video content using their phones and are more likely to watch your videos if they don’t have to turn their screens.
- Add captions– In addition to being more inclusive, captioned videos are enticing to the 85% of Facebook users who watch videos without turning on their volume.
- Be creative– In the same way that it is important for you to vary the types of content you post, you also want to switch up your video content. Go between standard video posts, live streaming, and Facebook stories to increase engagement.
5. Repurpose your content
If you have a blog post, a webinar recording, or a podcast episode that has gained a lot of traction, use it to your advantage on Facebook.
Repurposing your long-form content into image quotes, short videos, and other Facebook content will help you make the most of your content and boost your engagement. It also gives you a chance to save time and resources while pulling in new audiences with your content.
Ready to become a Facebook marketing rockstar? Learn how you can turn your existing content into relevant and valuable content that you can share on Facebook when you schedule a chat with us. 😎
Sometimes We Write Stuff
Here’s a few things you might like
Like what you see?
Shaina Weisinger is the founder and CEO of Repurpose House, which turns your content into unlimited videos and images. Shaina is on a mission to show content creators the untapped potential and repurposing power of the content they already have. Shaina loves to laugh loudly, be obnoxiously competitive on the volleyball court, treat her dogs as her kin, and recover from tripping on or running into almost everything within a five-foot radius.